Over 500 posts lying vacant in DGCA: MoS for Civil Aviation
New Delhi: A total of 528 posts are lying vacant in the office of country's aviation regulator Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and action has been initiated to fill these posts, Minister of State for Civil Aviation K C Venugopal said on Tuesday.
"A total of 528 posts are lying vacant against the sanctioned strength of 924. Filling up of the vacancies is a continuous process and is done in accordance with the laid down procedure," the Minister said in a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha.
He also said that an additional 427 posts of Group A, B and C categories were created in the DGCA in 2009, out of which some were new posts for which no recruitment rules existed.
"In respect of other existing posts also, the recruitment rules were needed to be reviewed and amended. Action has already been initiated to fill the vacant posts in accordance with the recruitment rules notified in the Gazette," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300