Posco would have been beneficial to Odisha's growth 7 yrs ago
Bhubaneswar: Economist and Planning Commission member Abhijit Sen on Saturday said Posco steel project would have been helpful for Odisha's growth had it been implemented seven years ago.
"I do not think it (Posco) will give that sort of stimulation to Odisha's growth after seven years," Sen told reporters on the sideline of a function here.
Replying to a question whether the Posco project would boost the state's economy now, he said "if Posco had happened seamlessly without any hassle which began seven years ago, it would have given certain great stimulation to Odisha's growth. But, that has not happened."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300