S Gopalakrishnan elected as new President of CII
New Delhi: S Gopalakrishnan, Co-Founder and Executive Co-Chairman of Infosys, has been elected as the President of the industry body CII for the year 2013-14.
He succeeds Adi Godrej, Chairman of the Godrej Group, CII said in a statement.
A Padma Bhushan recipient, Gopalakrishnan was recently voted as the top CEO (IT services category) in Institutional Investor's inaugural ranking of Asia's Top Executives, and selected as one of the winners of the second Asian Corporate Director Recognition Awards by Corporate Governance Asia, the statement said.
An alumni of IIT, he is also on the Board of Governors at the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), it said.
Ajay S Shriram, Chairman of DCM Shriram Consolidated Ltd, is President Designate of CII for the year 2013-2014, the statement said.
Sumit Mazumder Vice-Chairman and Managing Director of Tractors India Pvt Ltd has been elected as the Vice-President of the business chamber for the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20