S Gopalakrishnan elected as new President of CII
New Delhi: S Gopalakrishnan, Co-Founder and Executive Co-Chairman of Infosys, has been elected as the President of the industry body CII for the year 2013-14.
He succeeds Adi Godrej, Chairman of the Godrej Group, CII said in a statement.
A Padma Bhushan recipient, Gopalakrishnan was recently voted as the top CEO (IT services category) in Institutional Investor's inaugural ranking of Asia's Top Executives, and selected as one of the winners of the second Asian Corporate Director Recognition Awards by Corporate Governance Asia, the statement said.
An alumni of IIT, he is also on the Board of Governors at the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), it said.
Ajay S Shriram, Chairman of DCM Shriram Consolidated Ltd, is President Designate of CII for the year 2013-2014, the statement said.
Sumit Mazumder Vice-Chairman and Managing Director of Tractors India Pvt Ltd has been elected as the Vice-President of the business chamber for the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300