• Sensex closed above 17K mark; the last time it closes above this level was on 3rd May 2012 (17151).
• For three days in a row, Market breadth remained positive. On BSE, 1658 shares gained and 1079 shares declined.
• Expectations of levying import duty on power equipments fuelled the capital good stocks once again: Counters like BHEL, L&T and BGR Energy gained 3.6 percent, 2.3, and 1.86 percent respectively.
• Flavour of the week:OMCs on fire as Indian crude basket, which is near 17 month low helped these stocks to sustain the momentum. HPCL, IOC, BPCL ended the day with gains of 4.3 percent, 2.7 percent, 0.65 percent respectively.
• New entrant to 52 week high list: BPCL hit 52 week high levels of 774.6 and closed at 763.5 levels.
First Published: Friday, June 22, 2012, 00:48