Explained: 5 stock movements today
• Axis Bank rallied on robust results: Stock gained 2.5 percent after reporting good numbers where asset quality deterioration was not as bad as expected with gross NPA's at 1.10 percent as against 1.06 percent in the last quarter.
• Tata Motors slipped post disappointing JLR Sales in September: Stock lost 2.62 percent after JLR sales were down 4 percent to 26461 units on yearly basis.
• A2Z Maintenance tumbled after Rakesh Jhunjhunwala resigned from the post of director: Stock lost 7.4 percent on the back of this news.
• Adani port and SEZ slided after government denotified Adani SEZ: Counter lost 2.4 percent after government decided to withdraw permission to the Adani group's SEZ in Mundra for alleged violation of three SEZ rules.
• West Coast rocked once again on acquisition buzz: Stock gained 10 percent after reports suggested that US-based International Paper Mills might acquire stake in the company.