HDFC Bank launches credit card for teachers
Bangalore: HDFC Bank on Wednesday announced the launch of credit card for teachers, coinciding with the celebration of Teachers Day.
The card offers special features like multiple reward points, weekend bonanza points, petrol surcharge waiver and 500 special gift reward points to be credited annually on the Teachers day, HDFC Bank said in a statement.
With a combined market size of more than 450 million students and growth rates of 10-15 percent expected over the next decade, education is one of the largest service sectors in India, the statement said.
"Like the doctor's credit card that we launched recently, HDFC Bank's Teachers Credit Card is a small token of appreciation towards lakhs of teachers across India who play a pivotal role in shaping the lives of millions of children," said Parag Rao, Senior Executive Vice President, Business Head, Credit Cards & Merchant Acquiring Services, HDFC Bank.
The bank said that it is the largest issuer of credit cards in the country with a customer base of 5.60 million as of March 31, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300