M-cap: 7 of top-10 cos add Rs 44,787 cr; Bharti top gainer
RIL, ONGC, TCS, ITC, Infosys, Bharti Airtel and SBI saw gains in their market cap, while Coal India, NTPC and HDFC Bank witnessed erosion in their values.
Telecom major Bharti added Rs 12,494.42 crore to its m-cap, which reached Rs 1,42,350.42 crore on Friday.
Country's most valued company RIL saw its value accelerate by Rs 7,941 crore to Rs 2,67,719 crore.
State-run ONGC's market worth jumped to Rs 2,38,313 crore from Rs 2,35,275 crore on January 20.
IT companies, TCS and Infosys together added Rs 13,732 crore to their market value. The m-cap of TCS stood at Rs 2,17,026 crore, while that of Infosys was at Rs 1,56,222 crore.
ITC added Rs 546 crore to Rs 1,57,521 crore in m-cap, while SBI saw its value advance by Rs 7,036 crore to Rs 1,29,705 crore.
In contrast, Coal India lost Rs 2,084 crore from its m-cap which was at Rs 2,15,072 crore, while NTPC shed Rs 495 crore to Rs 1,43,264 crore. HDFC Bank's value declined by Rs 1,193 crore to Rs 1,13,110 crore.
The BSE benchmark Sensex gained 494.97 points to end the week at 17,233.98.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300