Rupee rises 13 paise to 56.03 against dollar in early trade
Mumbai: The rupee on Thursday rose by 13 paise to Rs 56.03 against the US dollar in early trade, snapping four sessions of losses, on the Interbank Foreign Exchange, as the American unit weakened against euro and other currencies overseas.
Forex dealers said dollar selling by exporters and a higher opening in the equity market also supported the rupee.
The rupee had lost 5 paise to close at a four-week low of 56.16 against the US dollar yesterday on sustained dollar demand from importers and fresh capital outflows.
In the last four days, rupee has lost 104 paise against the dollar.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex recovered marginally by 13.61 points, or 0.08 percent, to 16,859.66.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300