China commissions world's longest gas pipeline
Beijing: China's west to east gas pipeline, which is the world's longest line, turned fully operational as its last section opened Sunday, the country's largest oil and gas producer announced.
China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) said the 8,704-km pipeline will carry natural gas from central Asia to as far as Shanghai in east China and Guangzhou and Hong Kong in south China, Xinhua reported.
The pipeline worth 142 billion-yuan (over $22 billion) traverses 15 provincial regions and will benefit about 500 million people, according to the CNPC.
The pipeline's annual natural gas transportation capacity is 30 billion cubic metres. It runs from Huoerguosi, located on the China-Kazakhstan border in northwest Xinjiang Uygur region, to Hong Kong.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20