‘Women will save US economy’, predicts Warren Buffett
London: As fears grow that the United States is preparing to plunge over the ‘fiscal cliff’, billionaire investor Warren Buffett has predicted that women will save the American economy, billionaire investor Warren Buffett has predicted.
Buffett, the so-called ‘Sage of Omaha’ said that affording women the same prospects to succeed as men was the key to a bright economic future.
He said that his is the ‘only thing’ that makes him so optimistic about the future.
According to the Telegraph, Buffett’s remarks came during an interview with fellow philanthropist Melinda Gates, with BBC Radio 4.
Buffett, aged 82, is the world's third richest man behind Carlos Slim Helu, the Mexican telecoms tycoon, and Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, according to Forbes magazine.
He has remained upbeat about American's long-term economic prospects throughout the financial crisis.
He invested heavily in US shares during the darkest phase in late 2008 using his "personal money".
The bet paid off, with stock markets soaring in 2009 and 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300