Apple iPad mini likely to be Wi-Fi-only
London: The Apple ‘iPad mini’, which is likely to be released on October 17, would be a Wi-Fi only tablet, reports have claimed.
The new device is not thought to be capable of connecting to the Internet via 3G or 4G.
According to the Guardian, industry sources revealed Apple would also release a new version of the existing iPad, which will be 4G-capable in the UK, through Everything Everywhere''s 1800MHz network
Launching the iPad Mini without 3G or 4G connectivity would keep costs down, which could allow Apple to price the tablet in line with its 7-inch rivals.
According to the sources the new products is likely to be launched in November.
One company, Knomo, which designs cases for Apple products, said on Tuesday that it would have an iPad mini case available within days, even though no invitations have yet been sent out for any launch, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300