Now 'flawless Aakash' for students at same price
New Delhi: Montreal-based DataWind, the makers of the world's cheapest computer tablet, agreed to upgrade the tablet without increasing the cost, a day after reports of the HRD Ministry deciding to put its agreement with the company on hold.
After the deal, college students will be able to get an enhanced version of Aakash tablet without paying extra cost.
As per reports, the company was initially reluctant to upgrade the tablet without increasing the cost. However, the company agreed when ministry officials threatened to cancel the order, a daily newspaper reported.
The after-sales reports of the Aakash Tablet are extremely disappointing and those who have bought the low cost gadget have only one reason to be happy- they are the privileged early users of the gadget.
According to experts, the new version will have a look similar to the Chinese tablets and have the SIM card option.
The upgraded version of Aakash, Ubislate 7+ tab will be available in the Indian market by last week of January, 2012.
Check out its configuration below:
• Processor: Connexant with Graphics accelerator & HD Video processor
• Memory: 256MB RAM / Storage (Internal): 2GB Flash
• Storage (External): 2GB to 32GB Supported
• Peripherals: 2 Standard USB port
• Display and Resolution: 7 inch display with 800x480 pixel resolution
• OS: Android 2.2
• Document Rendering
• Supported Document formats: DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, XLS, XLSX, ODT, ODP
• PDF viewer, Text editor
• Multimedia and Image Display
• Image viewer supported formats: PNG, JPG, BMP and GIF
• Supported audio formats: MP3, AAC, AC3, WAV, WMA
• Supported video formats: MPEG2, MPEG4, AVI, FLV
• Communication and Internet
• Separate application for online YouTube video
• Safety and other standards compliance
• CE certification / RoHS certification