Videocon selects Nokia Siemens for 4G services network rollout
New Delhi: Telecom operator Videocon Mobile Services on Monday said it has selected European telecom gear maker Nokia Siemens Network for rolling out 4G services network in the country.
"We intend to engage Nokia Siemens Networks as our Technology partner for our 4G Network roll-out in the country Videocon Mobile Services Director and CEO Arvind Bali said in a statement.
Going forward, through its 4G network the company will look to provide data service (internet) experience including Video Chat, Mobile TV, HD (high definition) TV content, digital video broadcasting etc, he said.
Videocon in November 2012 won spectrum in six telecom circles- Bihar, Gujarat, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh East and West for Rs 2,221.44 crore.
As per rules, the company can use the spectrum allocated to it through auction for deployment of any technology.
"We will be pleased to partner with Videocon Mobile Services to launch 4G LTE services in India in order to further drive mobile broadband usage," Nokia Siemens Networks' Head of India Region Sandeep Girotra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300