Net direct tax collections rise 6.44% in April-June period
New Delhi: Net direct tax collections in April-June period rose by 6.44 percent to Rs 89,705 crore compared to Rs 84,247 crore in the same period last fiscal.
Gross direct tax collections rose by 11.52 percent to Rs 1,23,993 crore in April-June period of 2013-14 fiscal against Rs 1,11,183 crore in the same period last fiscal, an official statement said.
During April-June period, the gross collection of corporate taxes went up by 7.82 percent to Rs 76,115 crore as against Rs 70,594 crore in the corresponding period last fiscal.
The gross collection of Securities Transaction Tax stood at Rs 926 crore in the period, while wealth tax was up by 50 percent to Rs 48 crore in the same period as against Rs 32 crore in corresponding period last fiscal.
Government has fixed a direct tax collection target of Rs 6.68 lakh crore for the current fiscal, up from 5.65 lakh crore in the previous fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300