Bristol: India never looked in any kind of trouble against the English bowlers, as they chased down 199 to win the T20I series 2-1. Hardik Pandya and Rohit Sharma outperformed hosts England in both the innings. Hardik Pandya jolted the England innings with career-best figures of 4/38, restricting England to 198/8. Then Rohit Sharma took things into his hands, smashing the England bowlers all over the park, to notch up his third T20I hundred in 56 balls. India start their long English summer on a positive note.
Here are the highlights from the match at Bristol's County Ground:
*Pandya clears the long-on boundary, India win by 7 wickets.
*Century!!! Rohit Sharma dabs the ball down to third man, brings up his third T20I hundred!!
*20 runs off Willey's over. Pandya smashes three consecutive boundaries. India 190/3 (Pandya-27, Rohit-95)
England bowlers need a miracle here as India are on-course to a comfortable series win on a flat pitch. India require 24 runs in 16 balls.
* 15 runs from the over. India 170/3 (Pandya-12, Rohit-90) after 17 overs.
* Jake Ball is into the attack.
* Another great over by Adil Rashid, he gives just 4 runs in his over. India 155/3 after 16 overs.
* Great over by Chris Jordan, takes a wicket and concedes only 3 runs off his over. India 151/3 after 15 overs.
*Hardik Pandya is in at number five.
*Wicket!! Virat Kohli jabs at pitched-up delivery but hits it directly towards bowler Jordan, who holds onto the ball on his follow-through.
* 13 runs off Plunkett's over. India 148/2 (Rohit-82, Kohli-42) after 14 overs.
*10 runs from the over. India 135/2 (Rohit-77, Kohli-34) after 13 overs.
* Change in bowling, Jordan is into the attack.
* 9 runs off Adil Rashid's over. India 125/2 (Rohit-69, Kohli-32) after 12 overs. India requires 74 runs in 48 balls.
* Plunkett concedes 16 runs of his over. India 116/2 (Rohit-67, Kohli-25) after 11 overs.
India are off to a great start, Rohit Sharma is smashing the England bowlers all over the park. Virat Kohli, on the other hand, is happy to rotate the strike.
* 9 runs off Adil Rashid's over. India 100/2 (Rohit-56, Kohli-20) after 10 overs.
* 9 runs from the over by Ben Stokes. India 91/2 (Kohli-13, Rohit-54) after 9 overs.
* Half-century. Rohit Sharma pulls a short-pitched ball by Stokes to the boundary, brings up 50 in 28 balls.
* 10 runs of the over. India 82/2 (Kohli-10, Rohit-48) after 8 overs.
* Skipper Morgan brings spin into the attack. Adil Rashid replaces Jake Ball.
* Excellent over by Ben Stokes, he gives away only 2 runs. India have the runs on the board, they require a partnership here after two quick wickets. India 72/2 (Kohli-8, Rohit-40) after 7 overs.
* Change in bowling Ben Stokes replaces Jordan.
*14 runs and a wicket off Jake Ball's over. India 70/2 (Kohli-7, Rohit-39) after 6 overs.
* Virat Kohli is in at number four.
* Wicket!! Rahul, who was looking dangerous, tries to clear a close delivery by Jake Ball over the mid-wicket boundary but Chris Jordan runs back to take a brilliant catch. India 62/1.
* 13 runs from the over. India 56/1 (Rahul-13, Rohit-38) after 5 overs.
* Change in bowling. Liam Plunkett into the attack.
* 16 runs off the over. Rohit Sharma is waiting for the ball to come onto the bat and looks in good touch. India 43/1 (Rohit-33, Rahul-5) after 4 overs.
* Rohit Sharma crosses the 2000-run mark in T20Is. (Third Indian after Mithali Raj, Virat Kohli)
* Change in bowling. Chris Jordan replaces Jake ball.
* Excellent over by Willey as he gives away just 7 runs. India 27/1 (Rohit-17, Rahul-5)
*Lokesh Rahul in at number three.
*Wicket!! Willey picks up a lucky wicket. Dhawan flicks the ball towards Jake Ball, who takes a fantastic low-catch at fine-leg. India 21/1.
* 10 runs off Jake Ball's over. India 21/0 (Rohit-16, Dhawan-5) after 2 overs.
* 11 runs from the first over. India 11/0 (Dhawan-4, Rohit-7) after 1 over.
* Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma to take strike for India. David Willey to begin proceedings with the ball.
England finish their innings with 198-runs on the board. India, on their part, did well to come back into the match after conceding over 100 runs in the first 10 over. Hardik Pandya led the English collapse with career-best figures of 4/38. Indian batsmen will look to make the most of the short boundaries when they come out to bat. India would want their top-order to get off to a good start in the initial overs.
* 7 runs off the final over. England 198/9 after 20 overs.
*OUT!! Adil Rashid fails to strike the ball, gets beaten and non-striker attempts to steal a run off the last ball but Dhoni, who had removed his right-glove prior to the ball, hits the bullseye.
* Adil Rashid in at number 10
* Wicket!! Plunkett opts to scoop a full-pitched ball but edges it to Dhoni, who takes his 5th catch of the match and becomes the only wicket-keeper to take 5 catches in a T20I match.
* Siddarth Kaul to bowl the final over.
* 10 runs off the over. England 191/7 after 19 overs.
*Wicket!! Bowled! Yadav fires a brilliant yorker as Willey drags it back to the stumps.
* Chris Jordan in at number eight. Umesh Yadav to bowl the 19th over.
*18 runs and two wickets from the over. England 181/6 after 18 overs.
* Wicket!! Pandya picks up his 4th wicket of the match as Bairstow edges a routine catch to Dhoni. This is the best figures for Pandya in T20Is. Hardik Pandya- 4/38
* David Willey is in at number seven.
* Wicket!! Pandya strikes again. Stokes attempts to hit a back of the length delivery over long-off but hits it straight to Virat Kohli. England 177/5.
* Change in bowling, Hardik Pandya replaces Kaul.
* 16 runs from the over. England 175/4 (Bairstow-20, Stokes-13) after 17 overs.
* Change in bowling, Umesh Yadav to bowl his third over.
* 9 runs off the 16th over. England have lost four wickets in quick succession but they are scoring almost at a rate of 10-per over. England 159/4 (Bairstow-10, Stokes-9) after 16 overs.
* Change in bowling, Siddarth Kaul into the attack.
* 10 runs off the over. England 150/4 (Bairstow-7, Stokes-3) after 15 overs.
* Change in bowling, Deepak Chahar back into the attack.
* Jonny Bairstow is in at number six.
* 8 runs from the over by Pandya. England 140/4 after 14 overs.
* Wicket!! Lose shot by Alex Hales, as he tries to play it down to third-man but edges the ball to the wicket-keeper. Third catch in the match for Dhoni. England 138/4.
* Ben Stokes is in at number five.
* Wicket!! Pandya traps Morgan with another fuller-length ball, Morgan hits it high in the air but Dhoni collects it comfortably. England 132/3.
* Dropped!! Morgan skies the ball in an attempt to clear Pandya's fuller-length ball but Chahal drops the catch at extra-cover.
* Hales keeps the run-rate ticking, smashes Chahal for consecutive boundaries. 12 runs from the over. Chahal leaks 30 runs off four overs without a wicket. England 132/2 (Hales-24, Morgan-4) after 13 overs.
* Chahal gears up to bowl his last over in the match.
* Economical over by Pandya, gives away only 3 runs. England 120/2 (Hales-13, Morgan-3) after 12 overs.
* Change in bowling, Hardik Pandya is in for Chahar.
* 11 runs off Chahal's over. England 118/2 (Hales-12, Morgan-2) after 11 overs.
* 14 runs off the tenth over by Chahar. England 111/2 (Hales- 7, Morgan-1) after 10 overs.
* Eoin Morgan in at number four.
*Wicket!! Roy tries to cut away a short-pitched delivery by Chahar but edges it to the wicket-keeper. Deepak Chahar picks up his maiden T20I wicket. England 103/2.
*Change in bowling. Chahar replaces Kaul.
* Brilliant over by Chahal, gives only three runs off the ninth over. England 97/1 (Roy-61, Hales-1) after 9 overs.
* 12 runs of the eighth over by Kaul. England 94/1 (Hales-0, Roy-59) after 8 overs.
*Alex Hales in at number three.
* Wicket!! Bowled. Buttler attempts to hit a fuller-length ball by Kaul but misses. England 94/1.
* Nine runs off Chahal's over. England 82/0 (Roy- 52, Buttler-29) after seven overs.
* Jason Roy smashes Chahal over long-on to bring up a 23-ball 50.
* Dropped! Siddarth Kaul sprints in from deep mid-wicket but fails to hold on to a catch from Jos Buttler (28). This could be costly for the visitors.
* Skipper Kohli brings in spinner Yuzvendra Chahal into the attack.
* Jason Roy is smashing Pandya all the over the park. 22 runs from the sixth over by Hardik Pandya. England 73/0 (Buttler-27, Roy-45) after six overs.
* Change in bowling. Hardik Pandya replaces Umesh Yadav.
* Eight runs from the fifth over by Kaul. England are off to a great start. England 51/0 (Roy-24, Buttler-26) after 5 overs.
* Change in bowling, Siddarth Kaul replaces Deepak Chahar.
* 14 runs from the fourth over by Umesh Yadav. England 43/0 (Roy-17, Buttler-26) after 4 overs.
* Six runs from the third over by Chahar. England 29/0 (Buttler-26, Roy-3) after 3 overs.
* 10 runs from the second over by Umesh Yadav. Buttler is in the second-gear with five fours in eight balls. England 23/0 (Buttler-21, Roy-2) after 2 overs.
*13 runs from the first over. England 13/0 (Buttler-12, Roy-1) after 1.
* Jason Roy and Jos Buttler to take strike for England. Deepak Chahar to begin proceedings with the ball.
* England make one change, all-rounder Ben Stokes replaces Joe Root.
*India drop spinner Kuldeep Yadav, replace him with debutant pacer Deepak Chahar. Siddarth Kaul is in for Bhuvneshwar Kumar.
India: Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Lokesh Rahul, Virat Kohli(c), Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni(w), Hardik Pandya, Deepak Chahar, Umesh Yadav, Siddarth Kaul, Yuzvendra Chahal.
England: Jason Roy, Jos Buttler(w), Alex Hales, Eoin Morgan(c), Jonny Bairstow, Ben Stokes, David Willey, Liam Plunkett, Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid, Jake Ball.