Acne made Cameron Diaz miserable as teenager
Los Angeles: Actress Cameron Diaz says her teenage years were "miserable" due to her bad acne. But she managed to find a cure for it - avoiding junk food.
The 41-year-old was so troubled by acne that she dreaded leaving her house, she told the February issue of Seventeen magazine, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"You might think my life is always totally glam, but I used to have horrible acne - deep, boiling pimples - the kind that hurts so badly, I didn`t want to leave my house," Diaz said.
"My friends said they didn`t notice, but I`d say, `It`s the only thing anyone can see!` No amount of concealer and foundation could take away the texture of my skin, the embarrassment I felt, or the pain of those raging pimples. I was miserable," she added.
Diaz was a big foodie back then, but it never affected her frame.
"I was the poster child for being both skinny and unhealthy - and I had the zits to prove it. I thought I`d tried everything to make my skin clear up, but I didn`t realise all that fried, greasy, processed artificial crap was setting off a hormonal surge that sent my skin into crazy town," she said.
She even said that her skin started clearing up when she began eating healthier and working out regularly.
"Once I cut out the junk, I saw such a major difference that I felt like an idiot. It not only cleared up my acne, but it also gave me this huge amount of energy. I went from focusing on how my face looked to focusing on all the awesome things my body is capable of," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Daddy Shah Rukh Khan is a tad worried about AbRam! – Here's why
- Asha Bhosle, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's unusual rendezvous in New York! - View pic
- Shraddha Kapoor breaks the style code in latest Harper's Bazaar cover! – See pic
- Monsoon getaway: Bigg Boss contestant Mandana Karimi rocks in white while holidaying in Goa- See pic
- Monsoon trouble for shoes? Best tips to save your footwear this rainy season