Hungary bans smoking at public places
Budapest: Hungarian parliament approved a proposal Tuesday which bans smoking at public places.
Of the 386-member parliament, 271 voted in favour of the proposal seeking protection of non-smokers, 37 were opposed and 14 abstained, reported Xinhua.
The ban will come in force from January next year in all public institutions, on public transport vehicles, at stations, underground pedestrian passages and in playgrounds.
However, people are allowed to smoke in open-air sections or garden terraces of restaurants and pubs.
Hungarian State health authority will fine violators after a three-month grace period. Individuals smoking in forbidden areas will be fined up to 30000 forints (about $165).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out these 10 essential fashion life hacks that everyone should know!
- Here's how Aamir Khan plans to surprise Kiran Rao on their 11th wedding anniversary!
- Shah Rukh Khan aka Miyan Bhai's dialoguebaazi from 'Raees' takes excitement up a notch!
- Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan to recreate 'Tamma Tamma' magic in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'!
- Throwback! We bet you haven't seen these rare Bollywood pictures