Madonna sued over gym name
Los Angeles: Pop star Madonna is facing a legal battle over the name of her Hard Candy gym chain.
The pop superstar, who has opened branches in Russia and Mexico, has been sued by executives at cosmetics giant Hard Candy, who claim Madonna does not have the right to use the name for her fitness brand, which also includes clothing and DVDs, reports contactmusic.com.
The documents, filed in Florida and obtained by Radaronline.com, accuse the singer of trademark infringement and unfair competition.
Executives at the Hard Candy cosmetics company, which was formed in 1995 and gained a mass following for its popular range of nail polishes, are demanding damages, and want the star to stop using the name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actors face many demons everyday: Radhika Apte
- Watch: Jimmy Sheirgill's political drama 'Shorgul's trailer packs a punch!
- 'I'm the boss of my own s**t' says Ankita Lokhande post split with Sushant Singh Rajput!-- See pic
- Like things to be poetic in music, says Rabbi Shergill
- Riteish Deshmukh pays tribute to father on 70th birth anniversary!