Paris Hilton goes `Chammak challo` with orphanage kids
Mumbai: Socialite Paris Hilton became Santa Claus for children at an orphanage here Monday and even grooved to popular song "Chammak challo" with them.
Hilton, who is on second visit to India, went to Ashray, a part of the Committed Communities Development Trust (CCDT) in suburban Bandra. The 31-year-old looked radiant in a colourful floral dress with a flower garland around her neck and a blingy hair band.
Hilton made it a point to bring gifts for all the children in the orphanage. She was welcomed with a traditional arti and treated to a delightful performances by the children.
"I am so happy to be here and meet you all. It is holiday time and Christmas is coming. I hoped you liked the presents," Hilton said at the event.
"I admire the work done here. It makes me so happy," she added.
When the children shook a leg to popular Bollywood dance number "Chammak challo" from the movie ‘RA.One’, Hilton too joined them for a gig.
Hilton`s prime motive for this trip was her performance at the recently concluded India Resort Fashion Week in Goa. She had a stop-over in Mumbai.
"Paris wanted to visit an orphanage while she was in Mumbai. She got in touch with someone in Bandra, who happened to know our trustee and that is why she chose our organisation," Cherie Pereira, senior project officer of CCDT, said.
CCDT houses a total of 108 children in its various centres in and around Mumbai, and Ashray, its Bandra branch, has 30 children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out these 10 essential fashion life hacks that everyone should know!
- Here's how Aamir Khan plans to surprise Kiran Rao on their 11th wedding anniversary!
- Shah Rukh Khan aka Miyan Bhai's dialoguebaazi from 'Raees' takes excitement up a notch!
- Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan to recreate 'Tamma Tamma' magic in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'!
- Throwback! We bet you haven't seen these rare Bollywood pictures