Sofia Vergara reveals struggle with thyroid cancer
London: Sofia Vergara, who was diagnosed with thyroid cancer at the age of 28, has opened up about her battle with the disease.
The 40-year-old actress told Fox News that going through the whole process of getting her thyroid out, then the radiation and all the stuff, has of course changed her life because her priorities changed.
She said that you realize that no matter how much beauty, money, and success you have, if you don`t have health, you have nothing, because you can`t do anything.
Having her thyroid removed left Vergara with hypothyroidism, which is a condition in which the thyroid gland does not produce certain crucial hormones.
The actress relies on daily medication, which delivers a synthetic form of these hormones.
Vergara likened dealing with the disease to having a relationship with your doctor.
The `Happy Feet Two` star, who is now raising awareness about the disease, said that after using Synthroid, she has never had a problem and never had any symptoms.
Vergara added that it is not something that is going to take your time to go and get tested, insisting there is a reason why anyone should be living with hypothyroidism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trailer OUT! John Abraham-Sonakshi Sinha starrer 'Force 2' celebrates the real heroes of India!
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni biopic not banned, says Pakistan's CBFC chief
- Bollywood celebrities add weight to skin colour debate
- Leonardo DiCaprio planning 'secret wedding' with Nina Agdal
- Get Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's make-up look this festive season!
- Zee Entertainment announces foray into radio
- Relax! Humans need more rest for better well-being
- Amul's 'Fawad Thinking' ad on MNS ban is what you MUST SEE this morning!
- Navratri Special: Send Goddess Durga's blessings to your loved ones with these TOP 10 WhatsApp messages!
- Navratri 2016 calendar: Worship goddess Durga and her nine avatars on each day