Taylor Swift named most charitable star
Los Angeles: Country singer Taylor Swift has been named the most charitable celebrity of the year.
In a list complied DoSomething.Org, the 24-year-old singer topped the poll for being one of the most charitable stars in the industry, reported Ace Showbiz.
Swift had donated USD 100,000 during her 24th birthday to the Nashville Symphony which was hit with financial problems.
In November, she joined forces with Prince William and Bon Jovi to perform `Livin` On a Prayer` at the Winter White Gala in London benefiting homeless youth.
English boyband One Direction and pop star Beyonce Knowles are in second and third place respectively.
"It`s pretty amazing that the top two spots on the list are held by celebrities under age 25. For the first time, 50% of the list is age 30 or younger. This rising generation is using their money and star power for good," said Naomi Hirabayashi, chief marketing officer of DoSomething.Org.
1D members, Zayn Malik, Louis Tomlinson, Niall Horan, Harry Styles and Liam Payne, started the year by joining UK`s charity Comic Relief as volunteers in Ghana.
Beyonce performed at London`s charity concert for women`s rights, `Chime For Change`, earlier this year. She also made a terminally ill girl`s dream come true when they sang `Survivor` together at a recent Las Vegas show.
Late actor Paul Walker with his Reach Out Worldwide charity and duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis round out the top 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend goals: Ranveer Singh ecstatic with Deepika Padukone's 'xXx' rage!-- See pic
- Sunny Deol's 'Ghayal Once Again' rakes in Rs 26.85 cr!
- Akshay-Nimrat's 'Airlift' roars at the Box Office, mints Rs 121.74 cr!
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?
- 'Big Hero 6' screenwriter Daniel Gerson dies at 49
- Mahabharata: Who was the only Kaurava to oppose Draupadi’s vastraharan?
- How 16-year-old Markandeya defied death; lesson we can learn
- Valentine week: Top WhatsApp messages you can send on 'Chocolate Day'!
- Valentine week: Why 'chocolates' not diamonds are a girl's best friend!
- What is the colour of your aura – Your Zodiac sign will tell you