Respect children as theatre audiences: Mohan Agashe
Kolkata: Noted theatre and film actor Mohan Agashe Friday said children should be viewed as "intelligent" theatre audiences.
Agashe, a psychiatrist by profession, is well-known for introducing the GRIPS children theatre (a Berlin-based theatre) movement in Pune.
He was in the city to participate in the inauguration of the third Kolkata International Children`s Film Festival
"We do theatre with the children no doubt, but considering children as an intelligent audience and doing theatre for them with respect as an audience is far more important," Agashe said at the opening ceremony.
"Children`s film festival should also keep that in mind that how they look at the world from their point of view."
With respect to the films on offer, he stressed that specific age groups should be demarcated for the youngsters to better relate to the films that cater to a variety of ages.
A bouquet of 186 films spanning 22 countries will entertain children during the eight-day festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!
- Kahaani 2 weekend collections: Vidya Balan starrer mints Rs 16 cr
- Birthday special: Eight times Manish Malhotra created magic on-screen!
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change
- Goa International Jazz Live Festival to begin today
- B-Town celebs roped in by Hard Rock Cafe to empower underprivileged children