Theatre akin to investment for comedian Kapil
Mumbai: Popular stand-up comedian Kapil Sharma, who has turned producer with ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’, considers his 12-year theatre experience, when he worked for free, as an investment.
In 2005, he won the stand-up comedy reality series ‘The Great Indian Laughter Challenge-Season 3’. Now he is coming out with his show that will go on air June 22 on Colors channel.
"I have been planning for a very long time to start my own production house. I thank god that my dream has come true so soon," Kapil said Tuesday at the launch of the show.
"I had done theatre for 12 years for free and now I feel that was a kind of investment for me. I got to learn a lot from that experience," he added.
Meanwhile, Kapil has a lot more on his to-do list.
"I have an actor, a singer inside me. There are a lot of things, which I have to do and I am very happy that I am launching myself as a producer with the show, which is very unique in itself," said Kapil.
Sumona Chakravarti, Ali Asgar, Upasana Singh and Naseem Vicky will see playing various family members of Kapil`s family in the show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral video: When Robert Downey Jr spoke like Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Reactions to Salman's tweets on Yakub were premature: Riteish Deshmukh
- Thankful to Zindagi for bringing countries closer: Adnan Siddiqui
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale
- Pixels movie review - Lacklustre and disappointing