`Pizza` will prove I am just not a model: Parvathy Omanakuttan
New Delhi: Former Miss India Parvathy Omanakuttan, who is starring in supernatural thriller `Pizza`, says the film will prove that she is more than a glamorous face.
Parvathy, 27, who won the beauty pageant in 2008 and since then acted in a couple of films in South, stars opposite actor Akshay Oberoi in the film, which also marks the directorial debut of Akshay Akkineni and is produced by Bejoy Nambiar and Siddharth Roy Kapur.
"I want to do experimental cinema and was very conscious that I will be a part of films where I can showcase myself as an actor. I can confidently say that `Pizza` will prove that I am just not a pretty face and can act also," Parvathy said.
The actress, who has earlier done a Hindi film called `United Six`, feels an ideal launch would have been with a big banner and opposite a star but she is happy with her role in `Pizza`.
"Everyone wants and dreams of getting launched by a big banner and opposite a big star. That would have been ideal launch for me and I wouldn`t hesitate to take that up. But the script of `Pizza` is amazing, I have seen the original and I was completely bowled over by it," she said.
`Pizza` is a Hindi remake of the 2012 Tamil film with the same name, which starred Vijay Sethupathi and Remya Nambeesan in lead roles
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan will entice you in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' as a beautiful poetess!
- Can you guess how many Indian films made it to BBC's list of best 100 films? – Full list inside
- Shah Rukh Khan's epic film 'Darr' gets its own web series 'DARR 2.0'—Watch teaser!
- Deepika Padukone getting Rs 11 crore for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Padmavati'? Here's the truth
- 'Raaz Reboot' passed with no cuts by CBFC: Mukesh Bhatt