Helen Fielding writing new book on Bridget Jones
London: The 30 something hapless heroine Bridget Jones is making a comeback with author Helen Fielding confirming the release of a third intallment in November this year.
Fielding`s unlucky in love character, played onscreen by Renee Zellweger, is one of the most adorable chick-lit heroines in recent times.
Publisher Alfred A Knopf has confirmed that a third book featuring Jones will be released this year, although no title has been announced for the newest novel, the Daily Mail reported.
The first book `Bridget Jones` Diary`, was published in 1996 and turned into a film starring Hugh Grant, Colin Firth and Zellweger and the sequel `Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason` was published three years later.
Both books sold more than 15 million copies and are currently published in more than 40 countries.
Fielding has said the book will be set in present-day London and reflect a later stage in Bridget`s life.
"My life has moved on and Bridget`s will move on, too. I hope people will have as much fun reading it, as I am writing it."
Sonny Mehta, Knopf chairman and editor in chief, said few writers rival Fielding in "fully capturing the modern woman."
"Her writing is both funny and heartfelt, and her observations about life are piercing and mordantly rendered. I have been waiting a long time to see what`s next for Bridget Jones, and I am beyond thrilled that she`s back," Mehta said.
Meanwhile, a third movie is also in the making. In September Working Title Films confirmed work on a third Bridget Jones` movie, called `Bridget Jones`s Baby`, was progressing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh's act in 'Bajirao Mastani' stirred me: Hrithik Roshan
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra
- Javed Akhtar turns 72, wife Shabana Azmi praises his 'magical persona'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin to promote 'Raees' in Dubai
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!