President to present Sunil Gangopadhyay award Jan 11
Kolkata: President Pranab Mukherjee would present the first Sunil Gangopadhyay Memorial Award for excellence in Bengali literature to eminent poets Nirendranth Chakravarty and Sankha Ghosh Jan 11.
While Chakravarty would get the award for 2012, Ghosh would receive the honour for 2013 at a programme at Raj Bhavan here.
The Sunil Gangopadhyay Memorial Award was instituted in 2012 by The Bengal, a Kolkata-based NGO, following the writer`s demise.
The award constitutes a citation and a cash component of Rs.2 lakh. It is aimed to recognize outstanding works and contribution to Bengali literature, the NGO said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Padmavati: Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone will be joined by THIS actress?
- Kaabil trailer: Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's love story illuminates in 'darkness'
- Vidya Balan chooses her film wisely!
- Reema Lagoo burns her hands in shooting for 'Naamkarann'
- Sonam Kapoor joins fight to make India hunger-free
- Paul Beatty's 'The Sellout' is first US Booker Prize winner
- Jaipur Literature Fest: Swanand Kirkire, Tahmima Anam among speakers at the event
- Nobel Prize 2016: Bob Dylan yet to respond to committee
- Daughters of Jorasanko: The life and times of women who influenced Tagore
- Twinkle Khanna announces new book titled ‘The Legend Of Lakshmi Prasad’