President to present Sunil Gangopadhyay award Jan 11
Kolkata: President Pranab Mukherjee would present the first Sunil Gangopadhyay Memorial Award for excellence in Bengali literature to eminent poets Nirendranth Chakravarty and Sankha Ghosh Jan 11.
While Chakravarty would get the award for 2012, Ghosh would receive the honour for 2013 at a programme at Raj Bhavan here.
The Sunil Gangopadhyay Memorial Award was instituted in 2012 by The Bengal, a Kolkata-based NGO, following the writer`s demise.
The award constitutes a citation and a cash component of Rs.2 lakh. It is aimed to recognize outstanding works and contribution to Bengali literature, the NGO said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!