President to present Sunil Gangopadhyay award Jan 11
Kolkata: President Pranab Mukherjee would present the first Sunil Gangopadhyay Memorial Award for excellence in Bengali literature to eminent poets Nirendranth Chakravarty and Sankha Ghosh Jan 11.
While Chakravarty would get the award for 2012, Ghosh would receive the honour for 2013 at a programme at Raj Bhavan here.
The Sunil Gangopadhyay Memorial Award was instituted in 2012 by The Bengal, a Kolkata-based NGO, following the writer`s demise.
The award constitutes a citation and a cash component of Rs.2 lakh. It is aimed to recognize outstanding works and contribution to Bengali literature, the NGO said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Have to be obsessive to play a character: Shah Rukh Khan
- Hrithik Roshan judges his films with first copy itself
- Honesty, sincerity behind 'Dangal' worked in its favour: Director Nitesh Tiwari
- Bollywood stars praise Yuvraj Singh's incredible century!
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!