President to present Sunil Gangopadhyay award Jan 11
Kolkata: President Pranab Mukherjee would present the first Sunil Gangopadhyay Memorial Award for excellence in Bengali literature to eminent poets Nirendranth Chakravarty and Sankha Ghosh Jan 11.
While Chakravarty would get the award for 2012, Ghosh would receive the honour for 2013 at a programme at Raj Bhavan here.
The Sunil Gangopadhyay Memorial Award was instituted in 2012 by The Bengal, a Kolkata-based NGO, following the writer`s demise.
The award constitutes a citation and a cash component of Rs.2 lakh. It is aimed to recognize outstanding works and contribution to Bengali literature, the NGO said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Risks are essential, but overrated: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Oops! Iulia Vantur 'just friends' with Salman Khan? Full story inside
- Janmashtami 2016: Send these devotional TEXT MESSAGES to your loved ones right away!
- Govinda ala re! Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami to all—See inside
- Fashion for me is feeling glamorous, confident: Shraddha Kapoor
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Lily Allen writing a book inspired by Nora Ephron's collection
- Kim Kardashian to update her book of selfies
- Dara Singh's autobiography translated in English, says son
- Book Review: Adolf Hitler's short-lived successor and his contribution