Abhay Deol stands for women protection
Mumbai: Actor Abhay Deol says it is important for schools and colleges to create awareness about protection of women and child sexual abuse.
The 36-year-old shared his view during the launch of ‘Mission-Naari Sammaan’ campaign at Clara's College and Children Welfare High School Saturday.
"I am really glad to be the part of this programme, which gives us a feeling to be sensitive towards society and its vulnerable section (women and children)," he said in a statement.
"I personally feel that every school and college should come up with such programmes that are devised with a goal to increase the sensitivity towards the protection of women and child from sexual abuse and spreading awareness for the same," he added.
The programme is launched to uplift the status of the women and children in society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What did I do?: Gwyneth Paltrow on being the most hated celeb
- I've never dated: Priyanka Chopra
- So cute! Check out Ajay Devgn, Kajol’s rare PDA moment
- Cuteness overloaded! ‘Choti nani’ Helen strikes a pose with baby Ahil in her arms
- Ranbir Kapoor – Katrina Kaif breakup: It’s getting worse – Know why