Actor Inder Kumar in police custody till April 30 for alleged rape
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bollywood actor Inder Kumar was reportedly been arrested on Friday for alleged rape of a 22-year-old woman in Mumbai. The latest reports are that the actor has been remanded up to Wednesday, April 30th in police custody. The 40-year-old actor, was produced before a Bandra Magistrate, who remanded him in police custody for four days.
The actor who made his debut with the 1996 movie, `Masoom`, faces charges of rape on the pretext of getting the woman roles in Bollywood.
According to reports, Kumar misguided the aspiring model and offered her roles in movies, as well as asked her to move in with him in a flat.
The case has been filed at Versova, Mumbai, and the actor was arrested today. The report also said that after a domestic squabble, Inder Kumar`s wife, Pallavi, filed a report at the police station as she suspected that Inder Kumar was also having an illicit affair.
Inder Kumar reached the police station and sorted out the issue with his wife and both returned home, police said.
"After that, the victim was called to the actor`s residence to clarify things. However, the situation went out of control and the accused thrashed the victim with a beer bottle," Harishachandra Parmale, senior inspector at the police station, said.
Inder Kumar has been booked under sections 376 (Rape), 324 (causing grevious hurt) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), the police said to a leading daily.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: India wali Priyanka Jagga gets eliminated
- Diwali 2016: Wondering what clothes to buy for kids? Check out the dos and don'ts
- Diwali 2016: Style your hair differently this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Lip colours to pick this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Here’s how you can stay fit during festive season
- Shahid Kapoor felt it was important to find somebody who is real and normal
- Adult film actress Jessica Drake accuses Donald Trump of sexual misconduct
- Happy that protests against Karan Johar's movie are over: Madhur Bhandarkar on 'ADHM' row
- Children helping Angelina Jolie to rethink divorce tactics from Brad Pitt
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' controversy: No one needs to give proof of their patriotism, says Pahlaj Nihalani