After disco, Alia Bhatt learns Bharatanatyam
Mumbai: Actress Alia Bhatt, who plays a Tamilian girl in ‘2 States’, is not just trying to pick the accent but is also learning Bharatanatyam to play the South Indian girl with perfection.
The 19-year-old plays an Iyengar girl in the movie, based on Chetan Bagat`s novel ‘2 States: The Story of My Marriage’. The story revolves around a Punjabi boy who falls in love with a Tamil girl, and the ensuing cultural clashes between them and their families.
Alia, who made her debut with ‘Student Of The Year’ last year, will feature opposite ‘Ishaqzaade’ fame Arjun Kapoor in the film. She is learning Bharatanatyam to get into the character, said a statement.
The film ‘2 States’ is directed by Abhishek Verman and co-produced by Karan Johar and Sajid Nadiadwala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maanayata Dutt’s Karva Chauth celebrations with hubby will wow you
- Shahid Kapoor felt it was important to find somebody who is real and normal
- Adult film actress Jessica Drake accuses Donald Trump of sexual misconduct
- Happy that protests against Karan Johar's movie are over: Madhur Bhandarkar on 'ADHM' row
- Children helping Angelina Jolie to rethink divorce tactics from Brad Pitt