After disco, Alia Bhatt learns Bharatanatyam
Mumbai: Actress Alia Bhatt, who plays a Tamilian girl in ‘2 States’, is not just trying to pick the accent but is also learning Bharatanatyam to play the South Indian girl with perfection.
The 19-year-old plays an Iyengar girl in the movie, based on Chetan Bagat`s novel ‘2 States: The Story of My Marriage’. The story revolves around a Punjabi boy who falls in love with a Tamil girl, and the ensuing cultural clashes between them and their families.
Alia, who made her debut with ‘Student Of The Year’ last year, will feature opposite ‘Ishaqzaade’ fame Arjun Kapoor in the film. She is learning Bharatanatyam to get into the character, said a statement.
The film ‘2 States’ is directed by Abhishek Verman and co-produced by Karan Johar and Sajid Nadiadwala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- No clash between 'Kaabil' and 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan's thriller drama preponed
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Get set to meet Akshay Kumar aka Jolly in 'Jolly LLB 2'! Teaser poster OUT
- Sunny Leone most searched personality of 2016; trumps superstar Salman Khan!
- Vaani Kapoor looks 'Befikre' on Vogue cover!
- Shah Rukh Khan and family looks PICTURE PERFECT, we say touch wood!
- Deepika Padukone flaunts her love for sports – Here’s how
- Deepika Padukone - a marriage material, says Ranveer Singh; Daddy Prakash Padukone reacts