Akshay Kumar interested in Kollywood
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: Akshay Kumar is one star in Bollywood, who is not only known for his fitness and fan following but also his versatility. Although he is a king of masala flicks, every now and then he is seen in role that is unconventional and yet he pulls it off with panache. This year itself ‘Special 26’, with Anupam Kher, saw him in the garb of a conman. Now the movie is set be remade in Tamil.
But this is not his only interest in Kollywood. In a recent promotional event for ‘Boss’ in Hyderabad, Akshay expressed his interest in Tamil cinema and doing some regional cinema, and not only remakes.
A popular daily quoted him as saying, “I would definitely love to do a film down South, but to be frank, nobody from the South has approached me till date.”
With already such a large fan following, I am sure his south Indian fans would be more than happy to see the action Khiladi punch his way into their hearts in their own language too.
After ‘Boss’, Khiladi Kumar will be seen in ‘Holiday, ‘It’s Entertainment’ and ‘Gabbar’, all set to release sometime next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lupita Nyong'o to make NYC stage debut with 'Eclipsed' Off-Broadway
- Guru-shishya tradition transcends through generations: Amitabh Bachchan
- Ben Affleck's nanny 'all smiles' after dating allegations
- Family fighting to keep Kurt Cobain's death-scene snaps private urge
- Melissa McCarthy unveils her debut clothing line