Amitabh Bachchan celebrates Earth Hour
Zee Media Bureau/ Aparna Mudi
New Delhi: Superstar Amitabh Bachchan celebrated Earth Day at his home in Mumbai.
Big B posted on his official Twitter page that he has switched off the lights for an hour, from 8:30 to 9:30 marking the environmental movement, Earth hour on Saturday.
"Had put the lights off at 8:30 pm till 9:30 pm for Earth Day, environment campaign last night at home ... did you ??(sic)"
T 1434 - Had put the lights off at 8:30 pm till 9:30 pm for Earth Day, environment campaign last night at home ... did you ??
— Amitabh Bachchan (@SrBachchan) March 30, 2014
Organised by World Wide Fund (WWF) for Nature, the `Earth Hour` was celebrated across major cities of the world on the 29th of March by turning off non-essential lights and electrical appliances for one hour from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
Earth Hour began in 2007 in Sydney, but the idea quickly spread around the world and hundreds of millions of people are estimated to have turned their lights off for the event last year.
Actor Arjun Kapoor was been announced as the national brand ambassador of the environmental campaign ` Earth Hour 2014 ` for India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- 'Casino Royale' actress Caterina Murino was sleepless over rape cases in India
- Arjun Rampal's mother fights cancer, actor prays for her good health
- Adele plants kiss on fan's lips
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?