Bhansali to give ‘My Friend Anna’ T-shirts in Delhi
Mumbai: UTV Motion Pictures and filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali would jointly lend their support to activist Anna Hazare on his fast for an anti-graft law by distributing T-shirts with ‘My Friend Anna’ written on them at Ramlila ground in the capital Friday.
The ‘My Friend Anna’ slogan sounds like UTV and Bhansali’s co-production ‘My Friend Pinto,’ which is directed by Raghav Dar and features actor Prateik Babbar and Kalki Koechlin.
The idea was triggered by a post, carrying a photo of a yellow T-Shirt reading ‘My Friend Anna,’ on UTV Motion Picture`s Facebook page of ‘My Friend Pinto.’
Moved by the response of the post, they jointly decided to distribute ‘My Friend Anna’ T-shirts to Anna supporters.
"One fan had uploaded a poster he had made that read `My Friend Anna` on the Facebook page of `My Friend Pinto`. Looking at the response that we have got from the fans in this slogan `My Friend Anna`, we decided to make and distribute T-shirts gauging the popular sentiments associated with it," Shikha Kapur, senior vice-president marketing of UTV said in a statement.
None of the actors or any member of UTV would be present on the ground in Delhi to distribute the T-shirts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I don't want to be number one: Irrfan Khan
- Rajinikanth thanks fans for 'Kabali' success with THIS sweetest gesture! - Details inside
- Priyanka Chopra to join Hollywood stars for anti-poverty concert
- Kapil Sharma aka Kappu's Twitter account 'hacked'! – Know who did it
- Hrithik Roshan never takes his work for granted: Yami Gautam