Deepika Padukone visits Ajmer dargah for peace of mind
Mumbai: While the debate on whether Bollywood stars should be allowed at the Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Dargah in Ajmer rages on, actress Deepika Padukone says her sole motive while visiting such places is peace of mind.
"I have only visited the place once. I had gone because I believe in worship and god. Whenever we go to such a place, it is not because we want to promote our film. We go there for peace," the 26-year-old said here.
The shrine`s dewan, Syed Zainul Abedin Ali Khan, who is also the sajjada nashin (current head) of the Chishti order and claims to be a descendant of the saint, said in a statement Sunday that prayers by actors, directors, producers and musicians at this 12th century shrine for success of their films and TV serials are "intolerable".
Meanwhile, when asked if she is in talks for starring in Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s "Ram Leela", Deepika said, "This is not true. The only film that I am working on currently is `Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani`, which is the most important for me right now because we have a lot of the film left."
"There is `Race 2`, there is `Kochadaiyaan` with Rajini sir (southern superstar Rajnikanth). There is no other announcement I have to make right now," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What's cooking! When Deepika Padukone donned the chef hat – View pic
- No kids for John Abraham for now
- Watch: Arjun Kapoor makes his voice-over debut as 'Buck' in Hindi trailer of 'Ice Age Collision Course'!
- Shruti Haasan's latest Femina shoot will defy all norms of 'sitting awkwardly' – Pic inside
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui defends 'Babumoshai Bandookbaaz' director, says incident narrated by Chitrangada Singh didn't happen!