Delhi gang rape: Shabana Azmi, Kailash Kher lead Mumbai protests
Mumbai: As crowds in Delhi carry out both silent and vocal protests and silent marches all across the length and breadth of the city, Mumbai, too has joined in. The 23-year old gang rape victim who had been undergoing treatment first in Delhi and then in Singapore, had breathed her last in the wee hours of December 29.
The day being called a ‘Black Saturday’ and people all over the country trying to let the tragedy sink in, theatre and film artistes in Mumbai have decided to protest against the injustice of it all by taking out a silent march from the Gandhi statue in Juhu Beach to Kaifi Azmi Park at 5.30 in the evening December 29.
Renowned actress Shabana Azmi had tweeted earlier: “Citizens of Mumbai including theatre, film personalities lead silent march at 5.30 pm today from Juhu Beach gandhi statue 2 Kaifi Azmi Park.”
Several other theatre and film personalities have registered their consent to joining Azmi in the candlelight march. Renowned singer Kailash Kher and director Satish Kaushik, famous lyricist Javed Akhtar, apart from several other known names, have joined the protests in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Lion' movie review: Dev Patel’s film will stay with you for a long time
- Justin Bieber India Purpose Tour: Varun Dhawan to attend concert
- Questions you MUST ask your prospective life partner before getting married
- HC refuses to stay summons to 'Jolly LLB 2' team
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Conspiracy angle will be probed, says Kerala govt
- If I was home, I'd definitely be voting: Priyanka Chopra
- Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif's 'Tiger Zinda Hai' costumes REVEALED?
- Don't bother about what others think of my decision: Anushka Sharma
- Milind Soman makes India proud, turns 'Ultraman'
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut controversy: Chapter done and dusted, says ‘Queen’ actress