Depp says his kids love him as Jack Sparrow but prefer Spiderman
London: Hollywood star Johnny Depp has revealed that his kids love him as Jack Sparrow, but they prefer Spiderman.
The multi-millionaire star opened up about his life with his kids and said that he wants their upbringing to be as simple as possible.
He also talked about his role as Captain Jack Sparrow.
“I was pushing the limit as far as the character was concerned but somehow it worked out really well and audiences love him. My kids love him too - although they love Spider-Man more,” the Sun quoted him as saying.
The next instalment of the movie, ‘On Stranger Tides’ which is being shot in Hawaii, is set to release next year in May.
Some people were surprised that Johnny agreed to return to the hit Pirates movie series again. The previous film, 2007’s ‘At World’s End’, was expected to be the last.
“I enjoy playing Jack so much, I want to keep trying to see what we can do with the character and what kind of adventures we can create for him. I did these films originally for my kids and audiences seem to love the character so I feel I’d be letting people down if I didn’t do another. I guess I’m a glutton,” the 47-year-old star said.
The former wild man - who once owned the notorious Viper Room club where actor River Phoenix died in 1993 - has clearly mellowed since becoming a father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag
- Rohit Bal's fusion of bling and royalty draws curtain on India Couture Week
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 628—Pragya decides to fight back
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' officially wraps production
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?
- Kabir Khan shares pic of stunning location where Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will begin
- Check out five stunning Instagram photos of ‘Mohenjo Daro’ beauty Pooja Hegde
- Iulia Vantur celebrated her birthday with this Bollywood celebrity – Pics inside
- Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court in two chinkara poaching cases
- Former ‘Bigg Boss’ contestant Mandana Karimi engaged; wedding bells to ring soon