Farhan Akhtar to host mini marathon in four cities
New Delhi: Filmmaker-actor Farhan Akhtar will give a chance to his fans to run along with him in a mini marathon he will organise ahead of the release of his movie ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’.
The 3km-5km marathon will be hosted in four cities - Delhi, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad and Jaipur.
Releasing July 12, director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra`s ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ will see Farhan as athlete Milkha Singh. The biopic is a co-production between Mehra and Viacom 18 Motion Pictures.
"The curiosity to see Farhan running a marathon is at its highest. He has been able to transcend boundaries and has become the Milkha Singh of celluloid," a spokesperson from Viacom 18 Motion Pictures said in a statement.
The actor went through rigorous physical training in order to get the perfect body like that of an athlete and fans are eager to watch the actor run live.
“Ever since the promotions started, everyone has been asking Farhan about the practice that went into playing the role of Milkha Singh. That’s why the makers have decided to give the audiences a chance to watch him run a marathon and participate with him," a source said.
“Many school and college students will be running with Farhan. They were selected via contests held by the makers recently," the source added.
The movie also features Sonam Kapoor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Riteish Deshmukh crosses 2 million mark on Instagram – Pic inside!
- Shah Rukh Khan is a huge, humble star: Waluscha De Sousa
- Rishi Kapoor spills the beans over son Ranbir Kapoor’s break-up with Katrina Kaif?
- Shocking: Malaika Arora no more a 'Khan' after separation from husband Arbaaz?
- Salman Khan strikes candid pose with nephews Arhaan and Nirvaan! – Pic inside