Finally, Drake breaks silence on bar brawl with Chris Brown

Last Updated: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 13:53

London: Drake has finally spoken up about his alleged scuffle with Chris Brown, which took place last week at New York’s W.i.P. nightclub.

Brown, 23, was left with a cut on his chin after one of Drake’s entourage reportedly hit him with a bottle.

Several people had to be taken to hospital after the fight erupted and shards of glass flew across the club.

Drake, 25, spoke about the incident when he was up on stage during a performance in New York over the weekend.

“When I woke up this morning, I had to think about a lot of things,” the Mirror quoted him as saying.

“But the only thing I gave a f*** about was that I was in New York City tonight,” he said.

But later, he seemed to be referring to Brown’s hint on Twitter that he had been hiding in the bathroom as the scuffle broke out, saying: “It’s last call and you’re really too drunk to give a f***.

“A n***** in the corner is standing there looking at you funny.

“You bump elbows with him on the way to the bathroom, but really there’s only one n***** that you got to think about,” he said.

Drake’s rep issued a statement last week saying, that the hip hop star did not participate in any wrongdoing of any kind at the club. He was said to be on his way out of the club when the altercation began.

However, at least according to some of the injured, Drake wasn’t so far gone from the club as he claims.

Speaking with E! News, an attorney for model Ingrid Gutierrez, Brown’s 21-year-old companion who was cut several times throughout the incident, claimed that Drake was, in fact, the instigator.

Meanwhile, the W.i.P. club was shut indefinitely following the brawl and other incidents.

ANI



First Published: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 13:53

comments powered by Disqus