For outsider it`s tough to adapt to Bollywood: Siddharth Malhotra
Gurgaon: Model Siddharth Malhotra is making his acting debut with ‘Student Of The Year’ (SOTY) and says as an outsider it was not easy for him to adapt to the filmy environment.
"It was difficult to adapt because when you come from outside, you are not aware of how the industry works," Siddharth told reporters.
The actor was here to promote his film with co-stars Alia Bhatt, daughter of filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, and Varun Dhawan, son of director David Dhawan.
Dircted by Karan Johar, the film releases Friday.
"It would somewhere have been easy for Alia and Varun because they can take guidance from their parents, but I did not have any such option. That`s the only disadvantage. Otherwise, it is their first film and it`s my first film also. All of us have put in equal amount of hard work," he added.
"And since it was Karan Johar, he made sure everyone is treated well on the sets. Karan balanced it out," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Thor' Chris Hemsworth's crazy India visit with wife Elsa Pataky! – See pics
- See pic: Shabana Azmi and Smita Patil at Cannes in 1976!
- An open letter to Sunny Leone—See who wrote it!
- Raj Kapoor's wife hospitalised, stable
- Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan's 'Bigg Boss 9' promo was not offensive: Delhi Police to court