Hats off to actors who work with newcomers: Preity Zinta
Mumbai: Working with newcomers is an uphill task, says Preity Zinta, who will be seen opposite debutant Rhehan Malliek in her maiden production venture ‘Ishkq In Paris’.
Recalling her debut film ‘Dil Se’ in 1998, she doffs her hat to her first co-stars Shah Rukh Khan and Manisha Koirala for being patient with her.
"I was working with a new guy and it was very tough. I realised how Shah Rukh and Manisha made me feel comfortable in my first film `Dil Se`. I thanked both of them," Preity said.
"Shah Rukh was so patient with me, he helped me a lot. I was not aware about anything - be it the camera angle, close up shot or body language. I learned a lot of things from Shah Rukh. It takes a big heart to do all those things. Hats off to these actors who work with new heroines. It is difficult," she added.
The film was originally planned with two newcomers, but director Prem Raj zeroed in on Preity for the lead role.
"We never wanted an established star for the film. As a producer I had first decided we will make it as a small budget film when we were developing our script; one day Prem told me I have to be part of it. I refused. Later, I thought about it and agreed," she explained.
After acting in about 35 films, Preity, 37, didn`t want to be associated with a film which embarrassed her; so she ensured that the ‘Ishkq In Paris’ script is strong.
"There is some experience that I have, considering the work that I have done. I just wanted to make sure that our script is amazing. I just wanted that if I put my name to a film, I should not be embarrassed. I want to be part of films that are entertaining and have a message," she told IANS in a group interaction.
Acting took a backseat when Preity turned a businesswoman and associated herself with her Indian Premier League (IPL) team King XI Punjab that she co-owns with Ness Wadia and Mohit Burman.
"When I started with IPL, everyone was asking how can you be the number one actress and leave everything, but I wanted to follow my heart. I was not getting excited about acting and films then," she said.
Production was not an easy task for her, but she enjoyed it.
"I used to think if I can handle IPL, then I can do anything. But producing a film was very tough," said the actress who has been part of hits like ‘Kal Ho Naa Ho’, ‘Koi Mil Gaya’, and ‘Salaam Namaste’.
Last seen in the lead role in 2008 release ‘Heroes’, Preity said that she would have come back before, "but was away because I wanted to sort out court cases, I wanted to clear the names."
She seems satisfied with the work she has done so far.
"When I entered the film industry, all I wanted to do was to keep doing good work, I never exposed, (didn`t have any) affairs with anyone from here.
"I never got into films because my family was starving...It was all about being independent. With `Dil Se` I became popular, then `Soldier`, `Kya Kehna` became hit, `Sangharsh` brought critical acclaim to me. I was happy that I was appreciated for my work. There were films that came my way so that part was easy, but I worked towards it," she said.
Writing seems to be next on her agenda. She is busy compiling a book where she has put in all false gossips of various celebrities printed by the media.
"I am writing a book, it is 50 percent complete. It started off as a joke, but then I am quite serious about it. Every article of mine and any other actor, which is absolutely wrong, I will get it printed in the book," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Akshay Kumar chilling out with Amy Jackson in `Singh Is Bliing` first look!
- Kate Winslet feels makeup is 'liberating'
- Will Aishwarya Rai Bachchan replace Kangana in Sujoy Ghosh's film?
- Amanda Seyfried plans sister's wedding
- Allow screening of Kashmir documentary: HC to censor board
- Lady Gaga goes blonde for 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Robert Redford gets Arts degree
- Longtime Oscars director Marty Pasetta dies at 82
- Alexander Payne to be honoured at Munich Film Festival
- Johnny Depp could face 10 year imprisonment for pet dogs
- Shraddha Kapoor lost in Shillong!
- Lady Gaga goes blonde for 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'Gilmore Girls' reunion on the cards?
- 'Agent Carter' season 2 will consist of 10 episodes: Atwell
- 'Britain's Got Talent' is not fixed: Amanda Holden
- 'Peterson Hill' set relocated
- Lalit Sen to compose for new TV show
- John Stamos 'heartbroken'
- Selena Gomez eyeing reality show with Kris Jenner
- Bruce Greenwood joins 'American Crime Story'
- Stamos sad that Olsen twins won't return for 'Fuller House'
- Puneet Issar approached for 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa'
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon