I don`t know if I can be Smita Patil, says Chitrangada
Mumbai: Chitrangada Singh, who takes her comparision with legendary Smita Patil as a huge compliment, wants to explore everything and says its unfair to expect the same body of work from her as that of the yesteryear`s genius actress since they belong to different cinematic eras.
"I don`t know if I can be Smita Patil. It was another time, another era. It feels great when people compare me with her. But it is unfair when people tell me that I should do the same body of work that she did, because I have resemblance. I want to try everything before I get to know what I am best at," Chitrangada said.
"I am very happy when people call me Smita Patil. It is a very warm feeling as she is not around. She was brilliant and was much ahead of our times. It is a great comparison. I liked her in `Arth` movie. I do look like Smita Patil and thats a very big compliment for me but I still have a long way to go," the 34-year-old actress, who left a long-lasting impression in Sudhir Mishra`s `Hazaron Khwaishein Aisi`, said.
The dusky beauty is also very excited about her role in Mishra`s new film, `Yeh Saali Zindagi`, a romantic thriller which stars Irrfan Khan, Arunoday Singh, and Aditi Rao Hydari.
The film is scheduled for release on February 4.
About the film, Chitrangada said, "It is about two men who go to the very edge for the women they love. The film is all about the irony of life and how life can take a turn unexpectedly and how our choices leave us helpless. There is a line in the movie that I keep repeating to myself...Some bullets kill you and some bullets save your life."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navratri 2016: Did you know there is a colour code which you can follow?
- Ajay Devgn and Abigail Eames in ‘Raatein’ from ‘Shivaay’ will melt your heart! Watch song
- Deepika Padukone to play King Ashoka’s daughter on reel?
- 'Folksong Festival' radio host Oscar Brand dies at 96
- Biopic on Dhoni made tax free in UP
- Why daddys always save their sons: Kangana Ranaut on Hrithik controversy
- Anupam Kher to play politician in 'Welcome Back Gandhi'
- Karan Patel deletes his angry social media post against Pakistan – Know why
- Anushka Sharma does an impromptu gig in Libson
- Harshvardhan has daddy Anil Kapoor helping him with Mirzya promotions