I`m still the underdog: Anne Hathaway
Los Angeles: Anne Hathaway may have won an Oscar this year, but the Hollywood actress says she will never relinquish her underdog status.
Despite picking up the Best Supporting Actress gong at the 85th annual Academy Awards Sunday, the 30-year-old star insisted she hasn`t lost touch with reality and still feels like a struggling actress, constantly worrying about her next job, reported Parade magazine.
Asked backstage at the awards whether she was going to stop describing herself as the "underdog", she said, "Officially, never! I`m an actor, man. I mean, this is spectacular, but if you want to get realistic with it and thank you very much for bringing me back down to earth. You`re always looking for the next job.
"You always think at the end of one, `It doesn`t matter what`s happened before, no one`s going to hire me again.` So, I do feel this evening the respect of my peers, and I am going to ride that wave for as long as I can, but I do also have a practical approach to acting, which is got to work, got to work, got to work."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dia Mirza in awe of Incredible India!- Take a glimpse of Devprayag
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Young cancer survivors face higher risk of unemployment
- Pierce Brosnan to endorse Indian FMCG brand
- Justin Theroux wants screen reunion with Jennifer Aniston