I only stated the truth, says Shatrughan Sinha about ‘Rani Chopra’
Delhi: At the recently held unveiling of the late Yash Chopra’s statue, veteran actor Shatrughan Singha said something which snowballed into a massive avalanche of rumours – the bottom-line of which was that actress Rani Mukerji might actually be married to Aditya Chopra.
Shotgun had said at the unveiling, “Yash Chopra, Pamela Chopra, Uday Chopra, Rani… just now my wife said I missed out on Aditya Chopra. Rani Chopra ka naam liye hai toh zahir se baat hai Aditya Chopra ka naam bhi… (When I am taking Rani Chopra’s name, then it is obvious that I am taking Aditya Chopra’s name as well).”
Sinha’s speech sent innumerable tongues wagging about Rani Mukerji’s supposed ‘secret’ marriage to the Chopra scion. Shatrughan Sinha, however, is as unfazed as one could have been. The veteran actor has reportedly said that he is not apologetic about anything at all, and that calling Rani a ‘Chopra’ was ‘the truth’.
Said Sinha, “I only stated the truth. Either you should not ask me to speak in public. If you do, you better be prepared for some frankspeak.
“I was asked to speak on the great Yash Chopra. While I was mentioning the family members my wife reminded me that I had forgot to mention Aditya Chopra. To this I replied, ‘I have mentioned Rani Chopra and that is as good as mentioning Aditya Chopra too.’ I see no harm in this. I didn’t think it would become such an issue,” the 67 year old was quoted as saying.
Okay… we wonder whether Rani is ready for some “frankspeak” yet or not!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sixth 'Transformers' movie to be a Bumblebee spin-off
- Prakash Jha thought Priyanka won’t have time for ‘Jai Gangaajal’
- 'Kapoor and Sons' trailer reaches 5 mn views; Alia Bhatt, Sidharth Malhotra love it!
- Valentine's Day special: Want to woo your loved one? Try these romantic messages
- Woah! 'Sanam Re' gets bigger audience than Aditya Roy Kapur, Katrina Kaif's 'Fitoor'
- 'Kapoor and Sons' actor Fawad Khan caught crooning and dancing in camera – Watch video
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- 'Thor' Chris Hemsworth's crazy visit to India with wife Elsa Pataky! – See pics
- See pic: Shabana Azmi and Smita Patil at Cannes in 1976!
- An open letter to Sunny Leone—See who wrote it!