I’ve considered throwing in the towel, says Gillian Anderson
London: Former ‘X Files’ star Gillian Anderson has revealed that she has considered giving up her acting career because of the type of roles she has been offered.
The 42-year-old said that she is focusing her career on the UK rather than Hollywood, because she gets more interesting parts in this country.
“I want my career to be more interesting. I’m slightly stuck in a cardboard box, and fight hard to get out. I sometimes become frustrated and think of throwing in the towel when I’m doing a crock of ----,” the Telegraph quoted Anderson as telling Radio Times.
“All the interesting stuff I’m offered comes from Britain. There’s a broader understanding of my capability. They don’t know what to do with me in the States because they don’t realise I’m a character actress. They wouldn’t for a second imagine I could play Wallis Simpson,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did Deepika Padukone invite Ranbir, Katrina to `Piku` success party?
- Maggi controversy: Amitabh Bachchan may face protest in Odisha on June 5
- There was always an audience for female-centric films: Anand L Rai
- Maggi noodles controversy: Have not received any notice yet, says Amitabh Bachchan
- Niall Horan splits from girlfriend