Jennifer Hudson’s family murderer sentenced for life
Washington: Jennifer Hudson’s former brother-in-law William Balfour has received three life sentences for murdering her mother, brother and seven-year-old nephew.
Balfour, 31, was found guilty of three counts of murder and four other counts related to the 2008 killings earlier this year and he has received the life sentences along with 120 years for the other charges, CBS News reported.
The 30-year-old actress and singer was present in the Chicago courtroom for the sentencing, which came after Circuit Judge Charles Burns denied Balfour’s request for a new trial.
He faced a mandatory life sentence, as the state of Illinois does not have the death penalty.
He had been married to Hudson’s sister, Julia and prosecutors contend that he shot the family members in a jealous rage because she had been dating another man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha jets off to Budapest for 'Force 2' shoot
- Know slender and graceful Parineeti Chopra's secret behind shedding kilos!
- Watch: Brooding Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in 'Bandeya' teaser 2!
- Tyler Perry pays emotional tribute to Bobbi Kristina in video
- Batmobile photo from 'Dawn of Justice' set unveiled