JJ Abrams to be honoured at 41st International Emmy Awards
Los Angeles: Filmmaker JJ Abrams will be honoured with the International Emmy Founders Award at the 41st International Emmy Awards on November 25.
The award recognises an individual who has crossed cultural boundaries to touch audiences` common humanity, reported Variety.
"Abrams is a master of all forms of entertainment who has made an indelible mark on our global culture. Even at this comparatively early stage of his career, he has earned this international recognition," Bruce L Paisner, International TV Academy topper said.
Abrams is the founder of Bad Robot Productions that has produced films such as ‘Cloverfield’, ‘Star Trek’, ‘Morning Glory’, ‘Super 8?’ and ‘Lost’ among others.
His list of feature and TV credits include ‘Armageddon’ ‘Joy Ride’, ‘Alias’ and ‘Mission: Impossible 3’ in varying capacities.
Previous recipients of the award include producer-scribe Ryan Murphy and producer Nigel Lythgoe.
Abrams has recently been announced as the helmer of the next instalment of the ‘Star Wars’ saga, set for release in 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jennifer Aniston credits father for her flawless skin!
- Partying with Will Smith left Sonakshi Sinha exhilarated
- Pregnancy should not be looked upon as a disease: Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Ranbir Kapoor has a Bollywood style icon and he is a BIGGIE!
- I do what I believe in, can't have double standards: Radhika Apte