Kalpana Lajmi slams Hazarika’s ex-wife over false Bhupen-Lata affair story
Guwahati: Fans of Lata Mangeshkar and Bhupen Hazarika might have deeply been offended following accusations made by Priyamvada Patel, the former wife of the music maestro. And the news that made rounds has hurt the Mangeshkar family and Kalpana Lajmi, Hazarika’s partner for over 40 years.
Lajmi slammed Patel for holding Lata Mangeshkar responsible for ending her 13-year old marriage with Hazarika. Lajmi also denied allegations made by Patel, saying that Hazarika and Lata never had an affair but had mutual respect and admiration for each other.
Talking to a leading daily, Lajmi said, “Priyamvada had nothing to do with Bhupen in these 55 years and now she is blaming Lataji for her break-up! All this at a time Lataji is going through the most troubled phase in her life. First, Ashaji`s daughter killed herself. Then, she lost Yash Chopra, who was like a brother. Lataji is not young anymore. She is in her mid-80s and such a thing is uncalled for. It`s distasteful. I`ll call it blasphemous. How could Priyamvada be so vociferous about Lataji?”
Patel had given an interview to an Assamese channel and had accused Hazarika of adultery. And in response to such false allegations, both Lajmi and Mangeshkar have decided to sue Patel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- 'Casino Royale' actress Caterina Murino was sleepless over rape cases in India
- Arjun Rampal's mother fights cancer, actor prays for her good health
- Adele plants kiss on fan's lips
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?