Kapil had a special birthday with Big B, Lata Mangeshkar
Mumbai: Stand-up comedian Kapil Sharma had a memorable birthday this year as he got to meet two legends of Bollywood - Amitabh Bachchan and Lata Mangeshkar.
Kapil turned a year older Wednesday. He shared his joy with reporters, recounting how he got a cake from Big B on his show "Comedy Nights with Kapil" and later, a gift from singing legend Lata Mangeshkar.
"This birthday has become very special for me because I celebrated it with Mr. Bachchan as we were shooting with him for `Comedy Nights With Kapil`. He got a cake for me. It was like a dream for me," the 33-year-old said here Thursday at an event by stand-up comedian Sunil Pal.
"Even Lataji called me and said that she has a gift for me. Lata ji is like goddess Sarawati for all of us across India. It was a great day for me," he added.
Kapil said he is very fortunate to have met the two stars.
"I am on the seventh heaven," he said.
Big B was on his show to promote his upcoming film "Bhootnath Returns" and the episode will be aired Sunday on a popular channel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vin Diesel enjoys cutting chai with Deepika Padukone
- National award-winning filmmaker Deepak Roy dead at 67
- Sidharth Malhotra turns 32, B-Town wishes him more success
- Javed Akhtar, Vivek Agnihotri question 'azadi' for Zaira Wasim
- Shah Rukh Khan finds his conversations with son AbRam 'most enlightening'