Kapoor family`s contribution to films immense, says Aditya Raj Kapoor
Mumbai: Bollywood`s famed Kapoor family has made a lot of contribution to the film industry, and it is keeping up with the times, says late superstar Shammi Kapoor`s actor son Aditya Raj Kapoor, awaiting the release of his project ‘Parents’.
"I just saw Raj Kapoor`s `Chori Chori` and that film is still young. Shammiji`s `Kashmir Ki Kali` is still young. Shashiji`s `Sharmilee` also. So these people have contributed a lot to the film industry," Aditya said here at the mahurat of ‘Parents’, when asked about his views on his family`s role in Indian cinema`s 100 years.
‘Parents’, co-produced by Kishore Jangid and Deepak Jangid, is being directed by Hanif Chhipa. The movie`s music is composed by Shravan Rathod of former Nadeem-Shravan duo. It goes on floors May 19.
Aditya went on to describe how his father Shammi Kapoor, as well as uncles Raj Kapoor and Shashi Kapoor, worked their magic.
"Raj saab said a lot even without saying anything. Shammiji just moved a bit and a song got over. Shashiji`s style made a lot of women`s hearts flutter. There is really (a lot of) what these three people have contributed," he said.
"All three of them have come from a man (named) Prithviraj Kapoor. Watch my grandfather`s early films like `Sikander`. He was a handsome man," he added.
From the current generation, he is particularly happy for his cousin Rishi Kapoor`s son Ranbir, one of the most popular commercial actors of Bollywood today.
"Ranbir is very special. He is making big efforts and he has moved out of his family tradition and done some tough roles. He is making a lot of effort and at such an age. He has everything and doesn`t need to, but still he is doing such a lot of work," said Aditya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- TV mogul Simon Cowell wants a daughter
- I'm absolutely fine: Adah Sharma on accident rumour
- Johnny Depp names adopted bat Jacki Sparrow
- Blake Lively takes to fashion designing
- Choi Min-sik wins Grand Prize at Baeksang Awards in Seoul
- 'Baahubali' trailer to launch in Dolby Atmos sound
- Sameera Reddy blessed with baby boy!
- Miss India UAE Nivetha debuts in 'Oru Naal Koothu'
- Daddy Akshay Kumar goes mango plucking for daughter
- Demi Moore, daughter look identical in new image
- When Martin Sheen felt 'powerless'
- Blake Lively takes to fashion designing
- Kate Winslet feels makeup is 'liberating'
- Shield hair from monsoon humidity
- Eva Longoria wants fitness empire
- Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing line
- Lady Gaga gets over 30 wedding dress sketches from top designers
- Ditch black for bold and bright this summer
- Style up in suede in spring, summer
- Kylie's lip fillers changed her confidence: Kim Kardashian
- Jane Fonda proud to be a fashion icon
- Fashion is not for everybody: Dolce and Gabbana
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams