Manna Dey's condition stable at the moment
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Celebrated singer Manna Dey's condition is stable at the moment, his doctor has revealed.
He had been admitted to a private hospital in Bangalore with chest infection on Saturday.
According to a leading daily, his condition is critical as the infection has led to some other complications as well.
The 94-year-old was to record songs in memory of his wife Sulochana Kumaran who he lost to cancer last January. However, the aged playback singer fell ill a few days back.
Although he was under medical supervision at his home in Kalyan Nagar, he was shifted to the hospital when after his condition deteriorated.
The word has it that he was in a jovial mood and very optimistic about the recording just 20 days ago back, being the chest infection got the better of him.
The Dadasaheb Phalke Award – India’s highest honour in the world of cinema - was conferred on Manna Dey in 2007. The Government of India even honoured him with the Padma Shri in 1971 and the Padma Bhushan in 2005.
Manna Dey has lent his music to some of the classics of Hindi cinema. His movies include ‘Zanjeer’, ‘Mera Naam Joker’, ‘Anand’ and ‘Sholay’.
Here’s wishing the veteran singer a speedy recovery. We hope to hear some more of his music soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Riteish Deshmukh crosses 2 million mark on Instagram – Pic inside!
- Shah Rukh Khan is a huge, humble star: Waluscha De Sousa
- Rishi Kapoor spills the beans over son Ranbir Kapoor’s break-up with Katrina Kaif?
- Shocking: Malaika Arora no more a 'Khan' after separation from husband Arbaaz?
- Salman Khan strikes candid pose with nephews Arhaan and Nirvaan! – Pic inside