Michael Jackson named top-earning dead celebrity
Los Angeles: King of Pop Michael Jackson has been named the top-earning dead celebrity of 2013.
The administrators of the late pop star`s estate have brought in an estimated USD 160 million in the past year, according to Forbes magazine, thanks to deals with Cirque du Soleil and recorded music sales.
Jackson beat `King of Rock and Roll`, Elvis Presley, whose daughter Lisa-Marie was once the pop star`s wife, and Peanuts cartoonist Charles M Schulz, who came third with a USD 37 million fortune.
Legendary actress Elizabeth Taylor and reggae star Bob Marley round out the top five.
Taylor`s big bucks came from her White Diamonds perfume, which in 2012 brought in USD 53 million in the US alone, as well as rights in old movies, and her "smart stock and real estate investments.
Ironically, Jackson topped the very much alive Madonna on the pop fortune list. The `Material Girl` singer was named the top earner on the 2013 celebrity 100 list, with USD 125 million in earnings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Photo Alert! AbRam Khan was the cutest guest ever at Karan Johar's birthday bash
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Highest paid actress or not? Kangana Ranaut charged Rs 3 cr for 'Rangoon'
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- This Bollywood dancer-actor from US just bought her new pad in Mumbai
- Photo Alert! AbRam Khan was the cutest guest ever at Karan Johar's birthday bash—Here's proof
- Aww! Here's a sweet gesture by Alia Bhatt towards mom Soni Razdan – Check out
- Birthday bash! Shah Rukh Khan, Aryan, Navya Naveli turn up at Karan Johar's birthday party – See pics
- Have always been confident about my work: Richa Chadha